- ABOUT US
- NEWS & PUBLICATIONS
- INFO CENTER
AgeLib Digital LibraryAgeLib home about browse topics what's new help search
AgeLib Help & FAQ
What's Included in This Database?
AgeLib includes all the materials found in the UNC Institute on Aging Library, plus selected items (web sites, reports, etc.) available electronically on the internet. The strength of AgeLib is its coverage of the gray literature of aging, items that are difficult to locate through traditional methods. This database does not include journal articles, nor is it a comprehensive index to aging literature. If you are looking for journal articles, you need to use a bibliographic index such as AgeLine, MedLine, etc.
Note: These tips apply when searching using the search form.
1. Use simple, one- or two-word phrases in each box when possible. Your search will have an automatic wildcard on either side. Examples:
2. You do NOT have to fill out all the fields.
4. Do not include commas, hyphens, apostrophes, or other types of marks in your searches. See the next point for suggestions on search terms.
5. When searching for subjects, you must use appropriate terminology. The subject terms in this database come from the AARP AgeLine Thesaurus of Aging Terminology. In general, use specific terms (i.e. try not to use general words like "aging" or "gerontology"). View the entire list of subjects used so far in our database.
6. Capitalization does not matter for searching.
7. To find only those records that have a web link, search for 'http' in the URL field.
© UNC Institute on Aging
UNC Institute on Aging
720 Martin Luther King Blvd., CB #1030
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1030
phone 919-966-9444 | fax 919-966-0510 | email firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last modified on: